Thursday, June 28, 2012

Morgan & Sophie, Staff Profile


Sitting together as if they were long-time friends, Morgan and Sophie, take a brief rest in the break room before they return to more barn work.

Morgan, fifteen and an experienced rider says, "I've been a working student since I joined Thorncroft in the winter, I work and ride every Thursday and Saturday." Morgan trained Sophie, a long-time member of Thorncroft, showing her the routine expected of a working-student.

Sophie with Cooper
"I've been riding at Thorncroft for two years but when I heard you can get extra lessons if you're a working-student I immediately changed. I really love being here at the barn, and as a working student, I get to spend a lot more time here with the horses and people," explains Sophie.


Morgan with Scotty
Thorncroft offers the program of the working-student so that riders, such as Morgan and Sophie, can spend more time at their "home away from home." Each rider pays for a single lesson then works for a total of six hours to earn a second lesson.

Sophie recalls her decision to become a working-student, "It was really when Cooper arrived that I officially made the switch. She's by far my favorite horse here. I also figured this would be the perfect place to spend my summer."


While Morgan agrees that she loves spending more time here, she differs from her fellow rider's fancy of Cooper, "Cooper's pretty, but Scotty is really my favorite by far."

Not to be deterred by the relentless summer heat, but motivated by their dedication to Thorncroft, Morgan and Sophie exemplify the supportive nature of Thorncroft Equestrian Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment